Preparation Phase Primed-AP Methodology
This is the initial phase of an analytics project that focuses on partnering with the business to determine what is to be accomplished. Analytics projects should be based on a particular goal whose outcomes can be acted upon to improve the business. The preparation phase Primed-AP has tasks for both business users and data scientist.
Business Users – Problem Statement
- Define the business problem that you want to better understand
- How will you track Experimental and Control group to track the impact of the analytics
- Establish the current Churn Rate baseline
- Define the parameters of the project
- Line of Business, Product, Segmentation
- Amount of time to spend on the problem
- Determine where model output will be used in operations
Data Scientists – Questions
- How will you use the output from the model?
- What prior analysis has been done?
- What has been done successfully to reduce churn in the past?